|Salerno Costa d'Amalfi Airport
Aeroporto Salerno Costa d'Amalfi
|IATA: QSR – ICAO: LIRI
||Public / Military
||Aeroporto di Salerno S.p.A.
||131 ft / 40 m
||40°37′12″N 014°54′45″E / 40.62°N 14.9125°E
The Salerno Costa d'Amalfi Airport, located in the municipality of Pontecagnano Faiano and close to Bellizzi, is an airport in southern Italy, near to Salerno, the Amalfi Coast and the Cilento area. It is commonly known also as Salerno-Pontecagnano Airport.
Click to enlarge
The airport was founded in 1926 by Aeronautica Militare, Italy's military air force. A flight training facility was established between 1933 and 1943. The first hangar was designed by the famous architect Pier Luigi Nervi. In 1946 a meteorological service was established, and in 1952, the Salerno Air Club was founded. In 1962 a plane carrying the Kennedy family landed. The airport has hosted the Carabinieri helipad since 1975, and the Firefighter helipad and a parachuting school since 1984. A new control tower was built in 1987. The airport was exclusively used by the Carabinieri, Firefighters, flight and parachuting school and small private jets until 2007.
The airport was then developed to accommodate civil traffic on a large scale, with four check-in desks, two boarding areas, luggage belts and waiting rooms. The runway has a VOR system, a radio direction finder VDF and a lighting system. The runway was extended for a total length of 1 654 m, with two extensions to 2 100 m and 2 400 m planned.
Airlines and destinations
- Motorway A3 SA-RC, Montecorvino Pugliano - Pontecagnano Sud exit;
- Salerno Bypass (Italian: Tangenziale), Pontecagnano Faiano exit
- in the direction of Strada Statale 18 Tirrena Inferiore until you reach Pagliarone Bivio Pratole
- Parking: 150 free parking spaces in front of the terminal.
- Taxi: from/to Salerno costs €30, from/to Battipaglia costs €15.
- Bus: from/to Salerno and Battipaglia: CSTP route no.8.
- Bus: from/to Battipaglia, Bellizzi, Castellammare di Stabia, Cava de' Tirreni, Eboli, Filetta, Nocera Inferiore, Nocera Superiore, Palomonte, Perrazze, Pontecagnano Faiano, Ricigliano, Salerno, San Gregorio Magno, Sperlonga, Vietri sul Mare: Buonotourist routes.
- Train: Salerno and Pontecagnano Faiano station.
- Subway: an extension of Metropolitana di Salerno to the airport is planned.
- Pontecagnano_Faiano: 5 km (3.1 mi)
- Salerno: 13 km (8.1 mi)
- Paestum: 27 km (17 mi)
- Amalfi: 44 km (27 mi)
- Avellino, Pompei: 50 km (31 mi)
- Ercolano, Positano: 63 km (39 mi)
- Napoli: 70 km (43 mi)
- Sorrento: 73 km (45 mi)
- Benevento, Potenza: 85 km (53 mi)
- Caserta: 88 km (55 mi)
The above content comes from Wikipedia and is published under free licenses – click here to read more.
40° 37' 13.44" N
014° 54' 40.66" E
||002° E (01/06)
||CIVIL GOVERNMENT, (LANDING FEES AND DIPLOMATIC CLEARANCE MAY BE REQUIRED)
||SEE REMARKS FOR OPERATING HOURS OR COMMUNICATIONS FOR POSSIBLE HOURS
|Daylight Saving Time
||Last Sunday in March to last Sunday in October
||4577 x 148 feet
1395 x 45 meters
||Jet A1, without icing nhibitor.|
100/130 MIL Spec, low lead, aviation gasoline (BLUE)
||Avbl 0800-1200Z++, 1400Z++ - SS+30 Mon-Sat, OT O/R 24 hr PN, C+39 0828 354722. (NC-100LL, A1)
||Opr 0700Z++-SS +30.
||Ctc Salerno AFIS before eng start. Twy C for lcl acft only. Dep Rwy 05 rqr taxi via rwy.
Thanks to: www.worldaerodata.com
The content above was published at Airports-Worldwide.com in 2010.
We don't guarantee the information is fresh and accurate. The data may be wrong or outdated.
For more up-to-date information please refer to other sources.