|Jardines del Rey Int'l Airport
|IATA: CCC – ICAO: MUCC
||13 ft / 4 m
||22°27′39.55″N 078°19′42.32″W / 22.4609861°N 78.3284222°WCoordinates: 22°27′39.55″N 078°19′42.32″W / 22.4609861°N 78.3284222°W
Jardines del Rey Airport (IATA: CCC, ICAO: MUCC) is an airport situated on the Island of Cayo Coco, in the Ciego de Ávila Province, Cuba. The airport was inaugurated on December 26, 2002. The airport is the only one in Cuba that has a shared administration with Aena, a Spanish company that manages 47 airports in Spain, twelve in Mexico and three in Colombia. Thousands of Canadian & European holiday makers pass through the airport every year. The airport serves holiday makers bound to both Cayo Guillermo and Cayo Coco.
- VIP Lounges: The Airport has two VIP lounges, one belonging to Cubana de Aviación. The lounges provide tea/coffee, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, snack bar, restaurant, TV, video, magazines/newspapers, check-in at class-differentiated counters, immigration and onboard control and flight information.
- Bank office: The airport has a bank office that is open 24 hours a day. This is the only office in the Keys that offers bank service on weekends.
- Shop: The airport has two duty free shops and one point of sale for books and music in the international departures area as well as a point of sale of drinks and cigars, in the check-in area.
- Nursery: At the disposal of the clients, there is a free service of nursery school, equipped with toys and attended by personnel of the airport.
Communications and access
Only by road:
Access to the Jardines del Rey Airport is gained along a highway that links the tourist destination with the rest of the country. The island is united to the mainland by a 17 km (11 mi) causeway that starts from Turiguanó (to 40 km (25 mi) from the airport).
The times of access by highway are the following:
- Ciego de Avila: 1 h 15 min
- Morón: 50 min.
- Cayo Guillermo: 35 min.
- Cayo Coco: 15 min.
There is no regular bus route that links the mentioned cities to the airport.
Airlines and destinations
||Havana, Santiago de Cuba, Varadero
||Halifax, Montréal-Trudeau, Toronto-Pearson
||Halifax, Montréal-Trudeau, Québec QC ,Toronto-Pearson
|Blue Panorama Airlines
||Montréal-Trudeau, Québec QC ,Toronto-Pearson
|Cubana de Aviación
||Havana, Montréal-Trudeau, Toronto-Pearson, Hamilton
|Thomas Cook Airlines
||London-Gatwick, Glasgow-International, Manchester (UK)
||Halifax, Montréal-Trudeau, Ottawa, Québec QC , Toronto-Pearson
The above content comes from Wikipedia and is published under free licenses – click here to read more.
22° 27' 39.55" N
078° 19' 42.32" W
||006° W (01/06)
||CIVIL GOVERNMENT, (LANDING FEES AND DIPLOMATIC CLEARANCE MAY BE REQUIRED)
||9842 x 148 feet
3000 x 45 meters
||Distance From Field
||Bearing From Navaid
||JARDINES DEL REY
||JARDINES DEL REY
||Rwy edge lgt avbl. Thld lgt avbl.
||Opr 1100-2300Z++, OT 48hr PN.
||Acft with MTOW greater than 25 tons, 180 turns permitted at rwy ends only.
Thanks to: www.worldaerodata.com
The content above was published at Airports-Worldwide.com in 2010.
We don't guarantee the information is fresh and accurate. The data may be wrong or outdated.
For more up-to-date information please refer to other sources.
Please see some ads intermixed with other content from this site: