Wiener Neustadt East Airport Austrian airports - Wiener Neustadt East Airport
austrian airports
Austrian airports
World airports
Airport photos - free!
Aircraft photos - free!
Spacecraft pics - free!
Aviation articles
Wiener Neustadt East Airport


In the region of Wiener Neustadt aircraft construction started already in the monarchy.
In the year 1914 the aircraft construction company "Oesterreichische Flugzeugfabrik Aktiengesellschaft Oeffag" was founded. Shortly afterwards the first biplanes of the types Oeffag CI and CII were built. Already in 1916 the company had about 800 employees. In the last two years of war one of the most popular single-seated fighter planes of the First World War was constructed in Wiener Neustadt - Albatros D II and D III.After the war had ended in November 1918 and the peace treaty of St. Germain had been signed the aircraft construction in Wiener Neustadt stopped. The material was delivered to the Allies or destroyed. Oeffag then built car bodies instead of single-seated fighters and sea planes.In 1927 the company merged with Daimler Motorenwerke. When Daimler moved the production to Steyr the company Oeffag was closed forever.

In 1930 the Phoenix Flugzeugwerk started and stimulated the aircraft construction Wiener Neustadt for a short time. They built several sport biplanes of German origin. Because of sales difficulties the company closed soon. In 1935 the "Wiener Neustadter Flughafengesellschaft" was founded on initiative of the famous fighter pilot of the First World War Julius Arigi. Popular names like Lampich, Meindl and Arigi were like motors for the aircraft construction in Wiener Neustadt. Several sport planes from Lampich and Meindl were built as well as small series. The company had about 40 employees.
When service and repair works of Air Force planes got part of the company`s program the situation improved.

When in March 1938 the German Wehrmacht marched in Hermann Goring announced to build barracks, airports and to open the aircraft construction company of Wiener Neustadt. A lot of jobless people in the region gained hope. The "Wiener Neustadter Flugzeugwerke GmbH" turned into a prestigious object of the aviation ministry.
Already in 1928 the completion of the later famous German single-seated fighter jet - Messerschmitt Me 109 - was started in Wiener Neustadt. In spring of 1939 the first plane was ready. In the beginning Me 199 E planes of different series were produced. Later there followed planes of F and G series, even K prototypes were constructed.
In the "biggest German fighter construction plant" the employees did not only build but also repair planes. Bomber jets of the type Ju 88 and He 111 were repaired, flew and crashed again in Wiener Neustadt. The Dritte Reich propaganda celebrated the company, newspapers reported about it and foreign journalists were allowed to visit the plant. When the Allies had the possibility to bomb the Austrian region the plant in Wiener Neustadt was their first aim. Then time was running. The plant was destroyed. At new year 1943/44 the production of Me 109 was stopped. Decentralising and moving started. Until the end of the war about 8,500 Messerschmitt fighters of different series and types were built in Wiener Neustadt.
On July 16, 1909 the hangar built by the city of Wiener Neustadt (toady Flugplatz-West) was rented by the industrialist Igo Etrich. Etrich immediately noticed the perfect condition of the Steinfeld. With his plane "Etrich 1" ("Etrich-Spatz") he reached in August 1910 a considerable jump in the air. In a height of 4 m the plane could fly 40 m. In 1910 Etrich built a new plane, the so called "Etrich-Taube". This plane was equipped with a motor constructed by Ferdinand Porsche, director of Daimler. It flew on May 17, 1910 for the first time over Austria (Wiener Neustadt - Vienna without stop). The plane was built by Rumpler Werke in Germany and became the first military plane in Germany in big number of pieces.

Wiener Neustadt today

With more than 37,000 inhabitants Wiener Neustadt presents itself today as the center of the south-eastern Lower Austria as well as a city with important functions for industry, trade and research. The attractiveness of the city can also be shown by the fact that the census in 2001 amounted to a population credit of more than 7 per cent. RIZ (regional innovation center), TFZ (technology and research center) and Austria’s first and largest Fachhochschule (= university for applied science) for economics and technology with approximately 1,700 students as well as with Lower Austria’s more largest events hall “ARENA NOVA” and with the project business park CIVITAS NOVA make Wiener Neustadt a city with great future prospects. During the last years many renowned companies have already settled in the Civitas Nova. Examples are: the Austrian lotteries or the company “SOL-Technische Gase” and “JST”. The nearly perfect infrastructure and traffic situation make the operating settlement very attractive almost for companies of all kinds. Wiener Neustadt is an authority city, administrative center, traffic junction of railways, motorways and expressways as well as second largest shopping area of the state of Lower Austria. Moreover it is the largest school city of Lower Austria and a garrison town.



Airport Information

Country: Austria
City: Wiener Neustadt
Airport Code: LOAN
Alt Airport Code: N/A
Latitude: 47.840000
Longitude: 16.260000
Runway Length: 3500
Runway Elevation: 896

Contacts

2700 Wiener Neustadt

Telefon: 0043 - 2622 - 26700 DW 777
Fax: 0043 - 2622 - 26700 DW 774

email: office at loan-airport at

 


Images and information placed above are from
http://www.myaviation.net
http://worldaerodata.com

http://www.wiener-neustadt.gv at
http://www.loan-airport at /english/html/geschichte.htm
We thank them for the data!

 

 
General Info
Country Austria
ICAO ID LOAN
Time UTC+1(+2DT)
Latitude 47.843333
47 50' 36.00" N
Longitude 16.260139
016 15' 36.50" E
Elevation 896 feet
273 meters
Magnetic Variation 002 E (05/06)
Operating Agency PRIVATE
Operating Hours SEE REMARKS FOR OPERATING HOURS OR COMMUNICATIONS FOR POSSIBLE HOURS
Daylight Savings Time Last Sunday in March to last Sunday in October


Communications
WIEN CNTR 124.4
WIEN APP
Call Radar
128.2
AFIS 122.65


Runways
ID Dimensions Surface PCN ILS
10/28 3500 x 75 feet
1067 x 23 meters
ASPHALT - NO


Supplies/Equipment
Fuel Jet A1, without icing nhibitor.

100/130 MIL Spec, low lead, aviation gasoline (BLUE)


Remarks
CAUTION Dur gldr fly act watch for dep and ldg tow acft.
CSTMS/IMG CSTMS avbl PPR 1 hr for dep, 2 hr for apch. Ctc OPS office C+43-0-2622-26700-767.
FUEL (NC-100LL, A1)
LGT PAPI Rwy 10/28 GS 3.5 MEHT 29.5'.
MISC Apch after end of civ twlight time are ngt VRF flt and shall be complete with a ldg.
OPR HOURS PPR. (Opr 0800Z++ to end of civ twilight. For flt btn end of civ twilight and 2100Z++ ctc OPS office til 1530Z++.




Thanks to: www.worldaerodata.com

The content above was published at Airports-Worldwide.com in 2007.
We don't guarantee the information is fresh and accurate. The data may be wrong or outdated.
For more up-to-date information please refer to other sources.





















christianity portal
directory of hotels worldwide
 
 

Copyright 2004-2017 © by Airports-Worldwide.com
Legal Disclaimer